"I pray for God to crush me, break me up into little pieces and start all over again."
— "Angels in America" by Tony Kushner (via pilotg
Saw the double header of Angels in America at Toronto’s Soulpepper Theatre last Saturday Aug 4th. Amazing! Thank you.
I usually say, “Fuck the truth,” but mostly, the truth fucks you.
My heart is pumping polluted blood.
“An angel is a belief, with wings, and arms that can carry you. It’s not to be afraid of, and if it can’t hold you up, seek for something new.”
30 DAYS OF TELEVISION → day 16 → favorite mini series → Angels In America
"You’ll find, my friend, that what you love will take you places you never dreamed you’d go."
"Mangled Guts Pretending"
- Harper: In your experience of the world, how do people change?
- Mormon Mother: Well, it has something to do with God, so it's not very nice: God splits the skin with a jagged thumbnail from throat to belly and then plunges a huge filthy hand in. He grabs hold of your bloody tubes, and they slip to evade his grasp, but he squeezes hard. He insists. He pulls and pulls 'till all your innards are yanked out. And the pain! We can't even talk about that. And then he stuffs them back, dirty, tangled and torn. It's up to you to do the stitching.
- Harper: And then up you get. And walk around.
- Mormon Mother: Just mangled guts pretending.
- Harper: That's how people change.
I make jewelry. I figured I would share this.
“You are fabulous creatures each and every one.”
Oh my goodness, I want this so bad!